Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Announces Suspension of Presidential Campaign


 

Independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. announced that he is suspending his campaign but emphasized that he is “not ending it.”

“I am not terminating my campaign; I am simply suspending it, not ending it. My name will remain on the ballot in most states,” Kennedy stated during an event on Friday in Arizona. He added that while his name will stay on some ballots, he will be removing it from 10 key battleground states.

“In my heart, I no longer believe I have a realistic path to electoral victory in the face of relentless, systematic censorship and media control. Therefore, I cannot, in good conscience, ask my staff and volunteers to continue their hard work or ask my donors to keep contributing when I can't honestly assure them that I have a real path to the White House,” Kennedy explained.

He began his remarks by discussing his decision to leave the Democratic Party and run as an independent, as well as the challenges his campaign faced in securing ballot access in various states.

“The naysayers told us we were climbing a glass version of Mount Impossible. The first thing I want to tell you is that we proved them wrong,” Kennedy said.

Meanwhile, former President Donald Trump, who is scheduled to appear in Arizona tonight, hinted at a “special guest” at his rally later today. Trump has also made overtures to Kennedy, even suggesting he might consider a role for his former rival in a future Cabinet.

Kennedy's chances of victory had been diminishing rapidly, with a recent CBS News poll showing his support at just 2%.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post